Wednesday, September 1, 2010

In my life, be lifted high.


This is the cry of my heart. That God will be lifted high in my life. That He will be glorified. That others will not see me, but see Him in me. That people will be drawn to Him.

The verse I've been trying to live by this week is Ephesians 4:1-2
As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

We had CAK ice cream Olympics on Monday night, and to be completely honest, I was really dreading it. I was in a terrible mood the whole day, but was constantly praying for God to change my attitude. As soon as I picked up the first two girls, they were so excited that it got my spirits up... when we got to the Kolinsky's there were already a bunch of cars there and people just kept coming. So many kids came and everyone had a great time (including me). It really encouraged me for my ministry this year and for club. I learned a lot and was reminded of so many things of what Young Life is about and what it means while I was in Africa (ironic that I learned when I was supposed to be the one teaching, but that was true for the whole trip in general pretty much) that I hope I can bring into my ministry at CAK.
I think all of CAK must have shown up... so many kids!
love these girls

all the sophomores

1 comment:

  1. soo grateful you got this song stuck in my head.
    thankful for you being a good friend to my sister.
    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete