Thursday, July 15, 2010

Updated 25

Thought I'd update the 25 things from two posts back... Can you tell I get bored when all my friends are in class//at work?



1. Jesus is still my number one priority. I pray that this will always be true. As you can probably tell from the last post… I’m still completely blown away by His grace. Don’t think that will ever change.
2. My sister is now 7 so I guess the first time I did this was more than a year ago… She’s awesome. She can beat me up, but she’s awesome. She is constantly making me laugh. I'm a little concerned for her teenage years... that will be interesting.
3. Same.
4. Still absolutely cannot tell people no. It’s becoming a serious problem. I end up doing things I don’t want to all the time (like babysitting, going to midnight premieres of movies I don’t care about, etc… if it were something more serious, I would make myself say no. Don’t worry.).
5. I am still a little bit OCD about some things, which you would never know by the way my room looks currently.
6. Sadly, I no longer take a nap every Sunday afternoon.
7. Yes, I love love love listening to people’s life stories. It fascinates me to see how people have gone through life and what has made them who they are today.
8. Unfortunately, I find myself talking about me wayyy too much sometimes. I don’t even realize I’m doing it until I’ve already said more than anyone ever wanted to know. (Ironic that this entire post is about me?)
9. Well… My headaches went away for a while. I hardly ever get migraines anymore… but I recently gave up diet coke so I’ve been having withdrawals like crazy because I was (am) super addicted.
10. It makes me laugh a little bit that I said this because… duh! I think that applies to pretty much everyone!
11. This has gotten a little bit better, I think. I hope. I still am scared to get too close to people though. Sorry to everyone that has to deal with that!
12. This also has gotten a little bit better. Not a lot, but a little bit.
13. That’s funny. I think I made that up? I can’t have caffeine at night, but after lunchtime is definitely okay. Still think it’s all mental though.
14. Yuck. Still don’t like milk.
15. Pretty much still true. I just listen to country like 97% of the time though.
16. Funny that I said I was really scared of divorce but fully trusting God. Seems to contradict itself a little... but honestly, I still kind of feel that way! I am terrified of it happening to me because I don’t think I could handle that… but God knows me better than I know myself and knows what’s best for me. I do completely trust Him with that because I believe that if I go about the whole situation the way it was meant to happen that it will work out. Marriages aren’t meant to end in divorce. Sadly they do. Way too often. But I want my relationship with my (future) spouse to be completely God-centered, and I know that if we give our marriage to Him 100% that He will take care of us, and that He will get us through the trials.
17. Definitely still like to do things my way, but I’m learning more and more that it works out a whole lot better if I just surrender everything to my Creator who knows the plan for my life.
18. I am still really close to both of my parents. They’re wonderful. Drive me crazy sometimes, but they really are great, and I am so thankful for them. They love me so well, and I need be better about showing them and telling them how much I love them.
19. Don’t like to lead… because I usually don’t know where I’m going.
20. Very true. Don’t exercise nearly enough, still eat way more than I should.
21. I adore the upcoming sophomores (AHH that is so weird that they’re not freshmen anymore!) girls that I hang out with at CAK. They are such sweet girls, and I am so blessed to get to walk through life with them. This experience humbles me so much because it is amazing that God can use someone so inadequate to minister to these wonderful girls. It is ALL Him because there is NO way I could do any of it!
22. Majoring in Psychology, minoring in Elementary Education. Plan on getting my Master’s in Education and becoming an elementary school teacher. Still debating what grade because I always thought 3rd, but I worked in a Kindergarten classroom this year and became slightly obsessed with the precious students.
23. Stopped watching OTH for a while but recently caught up, and it’s still just as addicting as ever!
24. How can I not forgive people after I have been forgiven so many times by friends, family, and especially God?
25. Very indecisive.

No comments:

Post a Comment