Wednesday, July 14, 2010

25

I'm starting this new blog because so many of the posts on the old one I don't want other people to read... so this one's going to be more for the public eye :) Just to start it out I thought I'd put the "25 things about me" that was a huge facebook trend about a year ago. Some have changed, but I think for the most part they still apply!



1. Jesus is my first priority. I try to live my life for Him, but fail constantly. His grace is amazing, and I don’t understand how He can forgive me time after time… but I am so thankful that He does.
2. My five-year-old sister is my best friend, and I miss her terribly when I’m at school.
3. I try to live my life without regrets, and I do learn from my mistakes.
4. It’s very difficult for me to tell people “no”. This leads to me babysitting pretty much every time someone asks me to even though I usually really don’t want to.
5. I am OCD about my handwriting. When I’m taking notes, I erase them and rewrite them over and over if I have time. If I’m writing them down in a hurry though, I just let it be messy and then type them up when I get back to my room.
6. If I don’t have my Sunday afternoon nap, the whole week is thrown off.
7. I love listening to people and hearing about their lives.
8. I don’t really like talking about myself… Probably why it’s taken me so long to do this. But I knew I would follow the trend eventually, so why not now? Sometimes I just don’t talk much in general. Especially around people I don’t know very well. I’m really afraid that sometimes it seems like I’m stuck up, but sometimes I just can’t think of anything to say.
9. I get headaches daily. They vary in intensity.
10. When I do/say something that upsets someone else, I immediately wish I could take it back.
11. I always push away the people I care about most. I really wish I didn’t do this, but probably always will. I’ve been hurt by people walking out of my life so many times before that I’m scared to let people in. It’s selfish, I know… but I really can’t help it. It’s not intentional.
12. I am an extremely light sleeper. My text alert is a tiny, quiet little beep, and even that wakes me up. I would love to be a heavier sleeper! I wake up many times during the night, and it drives me crazy!
13. I can’t have caffeine after lunchtime or I won’t be able to sleep that night. I think it’s mental.
14. I hate milk. I put skim milk on my cereal, but that is the only time I can stand the taste.
15. I would much rather listen to country or Christian music than any other kind.
16. I will have a very long engagement, and I want to be married for a long time before I start having kids. Divorce has been very common in my family, and I am terrified of that happening to me. I am fully trusting God with that, but I still worry sometimes.
17. I am a little bit of a control freak so it is hard for me to give everything to God, and not try to do things my way.
18. I am extremely close to my parents and tell them pretty much everything. My friends think it’s really weird.
19. I hate walking in the front when I’m with people.
20. I never exercise, and I eat way too much. I’ve been to the gym one time since college started. I’m really going to have to start working out, but I hate the thought of it.
21. I’m going to be a Young Life leader, and I am so so excited to live out God’s plan!
22. I have wanted to be a teacher since the 3rd grade. And that’s what grade I want to teach.
23. I am slightly obsessed with One Tree Hill.
24. I am usually quick to forgive, and I don’t hold grudges… with one exception.
25. I’m very indecisive.

No comments:

Post a Comment