Monday, July 19, 2010

one week.

One week from today I will fly to New York to start my journey to Africa. I can't believe this is actually happening and how quickly it's approaching. I have so much I need to do this week, but I have no idea where to start! Honestly, I feel like I'm going into this with no idea how to go about it! Apparently I'm going to sort of have the head leader role of camp at the first ever national YL camp in Zimbabwe. Ahhh. That stresses me out a little bit because I have no idea how to do that! It's awesome though because I can already tell that I will have to be completely reliant on God this whole trip. I couldn't do any of it alone. I will be so out of my comfort zone- culture shock, none of my close friends, foreign country, no communication with family, in a leader position... the list goes on and on. It's really scary! But as nervous as I am, I'm also so excited because I know the Lord is calling me here for a reason, and I know He is going to do incredible things in this place. Somehow He is giving me a sense of peace and comfort that He is going to take care of me, but even if something happens, it's His will. Seriously blows my mind that He can use me for things like this. He has called me to do these things to glorify His kingdom... but there is nothing significant about me at all. With Him in me though, I am capable.

To anyone who may be reading this... your prayers for my team and the people we are going to encounter would mean so much to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment