Thursday, March 10, 2011

Suffering

I know that the trails and "suffering" that I've been through are nothing compared to the things other people have had to endure... but I've just been thinking a lot about how much time in my life I've spent feeling sorry for myself when that's absolutely ridiculous for so many reasons. One of which being that there's a reason for everything, and that God is with me through all things and teaching me something always. Another reason is that through suffering I am able to identify with Christ. My suffering obviously doesn't begin to compare to that of Christ's suffering that was because of me, but... the reason for our suffering is to draw us nearer to Him, to strengthen our faith. Jesus came to this world so that He could identify with us, and in that, He had to suffer greatly. Everything I endure is to glorify Him. And on top of that, I have my "God-story" so that I can share it with others and hopefully give them Hope and a glimpse of God's love and mercy. The focus of my suffering should not be on myself but on Christ- definitely no reason to ever feel sorry for myself. I want my trials to be worthy- glorifying to God, suffering for His sake, and waiting expectantly on the Lord in the hard times.

Psalm 44
Romans 8:18 "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."
2 Corinthians 1:5 "For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows."

"Take my life and let it be all for You and for Your glory. Take my life and let it be Yours."


Just my random thoughts of the day.

p.s. IT'S SPRING BREAK!!!!

Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God."

No comments:

Post a Comment