Saturday, January 8, 2011

I ask that anyone who reads this will again join me as I continue praying for the Campbell family that I previously blogged about here.

Rick Campbell passed away this past Thursday. He was the father of my best friend from middle school, Ashley. He was also the pastor of the first church I ever attended. This family has truly had a huge impact on my life and making me who I am. If it weren't for them, I don't know if I ever would have met the Lord. It is because of Ashley taking me to church and Rick speaking Truth into my life that I ever began having an interest in who Jesus was and what He had to offer me. I cannot express how grateful I am for them and the Hope that they offered me.

Rick was an incredible man of God, and as hard as it is to no longer have him here with us, I am so excited that he is in the presence of our Lord forever.

This family is so strong, and I know that their faith will not be shaken. It is amazing to see how the Lord is sustaining them in this time and how they are giving Him all the glory even in the midst of such heartbreak.

I pray that the Lord will wrap His arms around Deborah, Ashley, and Sarah. That He will comfort them and give them a peace that can only come from Him. And I thank Him for blessing me with the privilege of knowing this family and getting to spend so much time with them from my 4th grade to my 7th grade years.

No comments:

Post a Comment