Sunday, October 17, 2010

I thought I would have lots of blogging time this weekend since five of my closest friends were at one of the most wonderful places of earth- Windy Gap. Although I missed them very much, I enjoyed praying for them and the high schoolers they were hanging out and sharing Jesus with! and somehow managed to keep myself entertained- being really sick for two days, spending time with my team- dinner and a movie and going to the CAK game, spending time with my momma, getting a traumatizing haircut, going on walks, hanging out with friends from high school, and going to church.

Today at church Tim Miller spoke about "Undeniable Forgiveness." I had actually heard this sermon before at The Walk... He used the scripture about the woman caught in adultery (John 8), and emphasized that it's only at the cross that Jesus says we don't owe Him anymore and that He offers us forgiveness.

2 Corinthians 5:21
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Colossians 2:13-14
When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you
alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross.

"If the God of Heaven and Earth has chosen to forgive you, who are you to hold anything against yourself?" -Scott Cagle (I really liked that)

John 8:31-32
Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."



It doesn’t matter what You’ve done;
It doesn't matter where you're coming from
Doesn’t matter where you’ve been,
Hear me tell you I forgive

You’re not guilty anymore,
You're not filthy anymore,
I love you, mercy is yours
You're not broken anymore,
You're not captive anymore
I love you, mercy is yours

Can you believe that this is true,
Grace abundant I am giving you
Cleansing deeper than you know,
All was paid for long ago

There is now therefore no condemnation
for those who are in Jesus

You are spotless
You are holy
You are faultless
You are whole
You are righteous
You are blameless
You are pardoned
You are mine

No comments:

Post a Comment