Wednesday, November 23, 2011

boredom at its finest [bear with me... I've been locked in the house for DAYS!]

I've pretty much been lying in the same position on [a] couch since I started feeling sick last Monday. I thought it was the flu so after leaving the library with aches and fevers a week and a half ago, I went home to attempt writing my paper (couldn't take the library anymore). Dane came over, carried me to the couch, hid my computer, and tucked me in so that I would rest. Thankful for that. Wednesday I left my night class early in tears because I felt so miserable. I called both of my parents and they insisted that I meet them at the emergency room because they could tell I felt horrible. Thankful for that. So I was diagnosed with mono in the ER and immediately started crying because I don't have time to be sick with all my projects and finals coming up. Mom picked me up from my house Thursday afternoon and brought me home to her couch where I have been ever since (besides a few trips to the doctor). Thankful for that. The doctor told me that there are three types of people that get mono- those that never know they have it, those that get a little bit sick for a little while, and those that get really really sick for a long time. She then proceeded to tell me that I was a case of the last type of person. Not so thankful for that, although I am thankful for lots of time to rest. I emailed all my teachers explaining the situation. I was really nervous that they wouldn't understand- mono is common... get over it. I never realized it could affect people so differently, and now I definitely feel so bad for Mel when she had it! It is no fun, but my teachers were all so understanding, and for that, I am so so thankful. I don't know what I would have done if they had not been.

I'm feeling much better. I can't even describe how terrible I felt at the end of last week, but now I'm mainly just really tired. It is amazing how much I can sleep! I've had some sweet visitors come and bring me treats- Gatorade, Reese's, Frostys, milkshakes, coloring books, Christmas in a Cup, soup, etc... And I am very, very thankful for those goodies! I've been on Pinterest non-stop... so sorry to those of you who have seen millions of things I have pinned. Unfortunately, I do not have the energy to make anything that I have pinned! One day...

I went to the doctor today, and she told me that I can go to Thanksgiving lunch tomorrow as long as I am feeling up for it and make sure no one drinks or eats after me. I am so thankful.  I really thought I was going to have to miss out on the quality time with family, and I was so sad. So here's to hoping I feel well enough tomorrow for a few hours out of the house!

I am extremely thankful for all my friends checking up on me and visiting me and encouraging me and just telling me they miss me. It means so much. It's been really hard being at home knowing my friends are at Young Life club or celebrating birthdays or at bonfires, so it's nice to just get a little "thinking of you" text.

I can't even express my gratitude to my parents for being so good at taking care of me. Who even knew that either of my parents could cook?! Kidding.

Above all, I am thankful for Jesus. I am thankful for all of the wonderful blessings in my life that I do not deserve. I am thankful for a God who loves me, and I am thankful that He is with me always.

I could go on and on about all that I am thankful for because God has blessed me tremendously... but this is already really long and we all know I like to have pictures in my posts!


A few pictures from Sharp Top:

Words cannot express how thankful I am for my best friend and getting to do life and ministry with her.



No comments:

Post a Comment